10 must-try dishes in Osaka
Rakuten Travel Japan has compiled a list of 10 must-try dishes in Osaka, as chosen by fellow travellers.
Here is the list:
- Takoyaki (grilled balls of batter with octopus pieces)
- Kushikatsu (battered and deep-fried assorted meat and vegetables on skewers)
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza-pancake)
- Butaman (steamed buns filled with pork)
- Negiyaki (a variation of the popular okonomiyaki, containing scallions, konyaku jelly and beef)
- Kitsune udon (thick white noodles in a broth topped with a sweet beancurd skin)
- Udonsuki (seafood and vegetables cooked sukiyaki style with udon noodles)
- Yakiniku (Japanese table-top barbecued meat and vegetables)
- Tessa (blowfish sashimi)
- Ikayaki (a thin grilled pancake containing squid)
Read more about the dishes on the full article here.