Free Wi-Fi for Car Rental Customers in Eastern Hokkaido
As part of a field study, tethering-capable smartphones will be loaned out free of charge to foreign tourists visiting Eastern Hokkaido by rental car.
- Use Google Maps to navigate anywhere on foot when you arrive at your destination.
- Take stunning shots with the smartphone provided and share them instantly via social media.
- Use a translation app to help you read signs or read a restaurant menu.
- Connect multiple devices to the internet by tethering to the smartphone hot-spot.
- Receive a high-speed, stable (4G/LTE), unlimited internet connection throughout your trip to Hokkaido.
To qualify, you must
- Be a traveller from a country other than Japan
- Be using a rental car
- Stay overnight in the Eastern Area of Hokkaido
- Complete a questionnaire when receiving and returning the rental smartphone at the airport counter.
- Leave the smartphone power on during the trip at all times (to track the GPS information)
Between Monday, August 1, 2016 and Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Devices must be returned by Saturday, December 31, 2016