Seibu Railway Co., Ltd will increase the number of limited express and local trains between 23 April and 8 May 2016 to make it more convenient for customers going to view the Moss Pink flowers at Hitsujiyama Park in Chichibu (also known as shibazakura no oka, or “Moss Pink Hills”). The Moss Pink Hills are located an approximately 20 minute walk from Yokoze Station or Seibu-Chichibu Station on the Seibu-Chichibu Line.
A number of special events will also be held during this period to make visits to the Chichibu Area more enjoyable.
Moss Pink Campaign
1. Moss Pink Raffle
Period: 23 April – 8 May 2016 (*Excluding 3 days from 3-5 May
Hours: 8:00 – 18:00
Location: The “SEIBU Tourist Information Center Ikebukuro” (TIC Ikebukuro)
Participation method: Visitors can earn one raffle entry by presenting a) a paid entry ticket to shibazakura no oka and b) a photo* of a limited express ticket between either Ikebukuro Station and Yokoze Station or Ikebukuro Station and Seibu-Chichibu Station
*Present a photo of either a round trip or one-way limited express ticket
*Limited to customers of junior high school (year 7) and above
The back of your shibazakura no oka ticket will be stamped when entering the raffle. 100 prizes in total will be presented on each day of the campaign. Prizes will vary on different raffle days, while stocks last.
Prize list (examples):
- Sunshine City Prince Hotel stay voucher: 1 group of 2 people
- Prince Hotel Shinjuku stay voucher: 1 group of 2 people
- Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise Aqua Resorts Pass: 3 x complimentary vouchers for 2
- Aqua Park Shinagawa: 3 x complimentary vouchers for 2
- Seibuen Amusement Park: One day free ticket for 2 x 6 sets
- Feiler Seibu Ikebukuro Main Shop original goods: 100 prizes
- Shibazakura no oka hand towel: 400 prizes
*Prizes may be subject to change
2. Chichibu Area Stamp Rally
Period: 28 April to 29 April 2016
Hours: 9:00 – 15:00
- Yokoze Station “Hanasanpo Station”
- Hitsujiyama Park Shibazakura no oka “Central Exit Tourist Information Center”
- “Hanasanpo Station” in front of Seibu-Chichibu Station
Customers that collect all 3 stamps will receive one of the following presents:
- Hana Sanpo original folding fan (limited to the first 150 visitors on each day of the event)
- Otsuka Foods Col, Ltd Chia Seed Biscuits Shizen Shokkan (first 150 visitors on each day of the event)
Depending on stock levels, visitors may not receive their desired present. While stocks last.
3. Seibu-Chichibu Station Plaza Photo Spot
Period: 17 April to mid-February 2017 (planned)
Details: An approximately 3 m (h) x 6 m (wide) wall decorated with photos of Chichibu tourist spots will be installed for photo opportunities.
4. Multilingual Guidance at Hanasanpo Stations
Period: 29 April to 1 May 2016
- Yokoze Station “Hanasanpo Station” Approximately 9:00 – 12:00
- Seibu-Chichibu Station “Hanasanpo Station” Approximately 13:00 – 15:00
Details: 1 English speaking and 1 Chinese speaking staff will be available on each day.
*Stations and hours are subject to change