Shirakawago Light-up and Takayama Tour with Ramen Lunch from Tokyo
Shirakawago’s winter light-up event is only available for a few days in January and Feburary. Traditional thatched-roofed houses will be lit up in the evening surrounded by snow, straight out of a fairy tale.
Takayama is known as “Little Kyoto” of the Hida province. Quaint streets lined with restaurants, souvenir shops and hotels will delight and amaze. Takayama prospered as a castle town and historical relics have been preserved through time. Takayama can be enjoyed year-round with the cherry blossoms of spring, fresh verdure in summer, autumn colours and snowy landscapes in winter.
Tours are conducted in Japanese, but video translation into English or Chinese is available.
- Experience Shirakawago’s Light-up event, only available for 6 days per year!
- Admire the unique local architecture, featuring the “Gassho-zukuri” (thatched-roofed houses) construction
- Stroll around the old streets of Takayama, known as “Little Kyoto”
- Marvel at the beauty of Hirayu Grand Waterfall!
- Stay at a luxurious 4 star hotel for an unforgettable experience.
Tours depart between 22 January and 6 February 2017. Tours require a minimum of 4 people to depart.
8:00 Departs Shinjuku Station West Exit
Highway / Lunch at own expense
17:00 Shirakawago (Watch the light-up event, around 120 mins)
19:00 Highway / Dinner with bento-box
21:00 Arrive at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama Hotel or Tonami Royal Hotel Toyama
9:00 Depart hotel (breakfast included)
11:00 Takayama (Stroll around the old streets of Takayama, around 60 mins)
12:00 Itakura (Ramen for lunch, around 60 mins)
14:00 Hirayu Grand Waterfall (Walk around and admire the scenery, around 20 mins)
18:30 Arrive at Shinjuku
Adults: 38,000 yen
Children: 34,000 yen
Check availability and book online here.