Partners Information: As the Japanese proverb “a cold area produces good sake”, Takayama in Gifu Prefecture produces unique and good quality sake thanks to its weather, spring water and rice.
Six local sake breweries in Takayama will open their doors to the public each week during this period, which is a very rare occasion. Free sake tastings are available after a 20 minute guided brewery tour.
Bookings are not required for the guided tours, and you can join the tour at any time during the opening hours.
Fri 19 January – Sat 3 March 2018
- Harada Sake Brewery, Kami Sanno-machi (Sansya) – Jan 19 (Fri) – Jan 25 (Thu)
- Kawashiri Sake Brewery, Kami Nino-machi (Hidamasamune) – Jan 26 (Fri) – Feb 1 (Thu)
- Niki Sake Brewery, Kami Nino-machi (Tamanoi) – Feb 2 (Fri) – Feb 8 (Thu)
- Hirase Sake Brewery, Kami Ichino-machi (Kusudama) – Feb 9 (Fri) – Feb 15 (Thu)
- Funasaka Sake Brewery, Kami Sanno-machi (Miyamagiku) – Feb 16 (Fri) – Feb 22 (Thu)
- Hirata Sake Brewery, Kami Nino-machi (Yamanohikari) – Feb 23 (Fri) – Mar 3 (Sat)
10:00 – 12:00 / 13:00 – 16:00
15-20 minutes walk from JR Takayama Station
Contact the Hida Takayama Tourism & Convention Bureau
Phone: +81 577-36-1011