Yunishigawa Onsen Kamakura Festival
Yunishigawa Onsen is hosting their annual Kamakura (Igloo) Festival from 28 January to 5th March 2017.
There are several events organised along the Yunishigawa River for the duration of the festival. During the day, play on the snow slides and enjoy a barbecue and marvel at the candle-lit igloos near the river at night.
Heike no Sato Main Venue
Enjoy a BBQ in an igloo and a beautiful light-up at night.
- Hours: 9:00-21:00 (Closed for a break from 16:00-17:00)
- Entrance fee (1 day): Adults: 510 yen, Child: 250 yen (200 yen for a night ticket)
Sawaguchi Riverside Mini Igloo Venue
The Mini Kamakura (igloos) are listed as a Japan Night View Heritage because of its romantic atmosphere.
- Hours: 17:00-21:00 (Closed on Thursdays)
Heike Jikouji Temple Venue
Jikouji Temple is illuminated at night. Enjoy local specialities such as handmade soba noodles, tofu and sweets.
- Hours: 17:00-21:00
Streets of Paper Lanterns & Snowmen
View a large number of lanterns and snowmen here!
- Hours: 17:00-21:00
Sawaguchi Venue (Outdoor)
Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including snow-shoeing, snow-rafting and snow-slides. Hot food will be available for purchase.
- Hours: 10:00-16:00
- Fee: 500 yen per ride (5 minutes, same price for children and adults)
- Stalls: 10:00-21:00 everyday
Yunishigawa Water Village Snowpark
Enjoy activities available only in winter including a long slide made of snow and igloos.
- Hours: 10:00-15:00 (last entry 14:00)
- Entrance fee: Adults 800 yen, children 500 yen (fees include the snowslide and Water Village Tourism Center entry)
A free Yunishigawa Onsen Loop Shuttle Bus will operate on weekends and public holidays during the festival period (28/1 – 5/3).
- Operation period: 10:00-18:00
- Stops at: Heike no Sato, Kusatsu Snow Land, Yunishigawa Prefectural Center, Hana to Hana, Sansai Kakojo, Yunishigawa Mizu no Sato.
Note: This shuttle bus does not pick-up from the station, it only goes around the city.
Kinugawa Onsen Ryokan Association will organise a free shuttle bus for hotel or ryokan guests to the festival.
The bus operates every Tuesday and Friday for 10 days from 31/1. To apply for the bus, please enquire with your hotel/ryokan in Kinugawa Onsen.
19:15 Depart Kinugawa Onsen Station
20:00 Arrive at Yunishigawa Onsen Kamakura Festival venue (1 hour of free time)
21:00 Depart Kamakura Festival
21:45 Arrive at your respective accommodation